Confined Space/Entrant – 0028
This computer-based course is designed for all employees whose work includes entering confined spaces.
OSHA 29 CFR 1910.146 contains the requirements for working in confined spaces. They include appropriate definitions, program plans, permit required confined space requirements, entry permits, training requirements, duties of authorized entrants/attendants and supervisors and rescue and emergency services. Additionally, this course focuses on the Hovensa procedure #28, regarding confined space entry in the refinery. This training course has been approved for instruction for all contractor and Hovensa personnel by the Hovensa safety department. There are no pre-requisite requirements for this course.
- Student will meet initial/annual training requirements as directed by OSHA .
- Understand the duties and responsibilities of a confined space entrant .
- Identify the hazards involved in confined space entry .
- Become familiar with the permit process for entering a confined space .
- Learn how the rescue and emergency services are employed in the refinery .
Course ID: 0028
Duration: 30 mins
Min. Class Size: 1
Expiration Type: On procedure change