0028B – Confined Space/Entry Supervisor
This course is designed for those specific employees that will be tasked to perform the duties of Confined Space Entry Supervisor. OSHA 29 CFR 1910.146 contains the requirements for workers performing this task.
These duties include knowing the hazards that may be faced during entry, including signs, symptoms and consequences of exposure, verifying by checking that all appropriate entries have been made on the permit, knowledge of testing conducted and all procedures and equipment specified on the permit, termination of permits and knowledge of rescue and emergency procedures.
Additionally, this training course focusses on the Hovensa procedure #28, regarding confined space entry in the refinery. This training course has been approved for instruction for all contractor and Hovensa personnel.
Location: Pinnacle Building.
- Confined Space Entrant
- Confined Space QSM
- Student will meet initial/annual training requirements as directed by OSHA
- Understand the duties and responsibilities of a confined space entry supervisor
- Identify the hazards involved by mode, signs & symptoms, and the consequences of exposure
- Become trained in the permit process and how to ensure compliance with permits and ensure the maintenance of a safe confined space entry
- Learn how to summon rescue and emergency services at the refinery
Course ID: 0028B
Duration: 2.5 hrs
Min. Class Size: 4
Expiration Type: On procedure change