0028A – Confined Space/QSM/Hole Watch
This course is designed for those employees who may be tasked to perform the duties of Attendant/Qualified Safety Monitor for work in confined spaces. OSHA 29 CFR 1910.146 contains the requirements for workers performing this task.
These duties include knowing the hazards that may be faced during entry including the type, signs and symptoms of overexposure and consequences of the exposure, continuously maintaining an accurate headcount, remaining outside the permit space until relieved, communications with entrants, summoning emergency and rescue personnel, ensuring that all equipment is on hand.
Additionally, this training course focuses on the Hovensa procedure #28, regarding confined space entry in the refinery. This training course has been approved for instruction for all contractor and Hovensa personnel.
- Confined Space Entrant Testing
- Student will meet initial/annual training requirements as directed by OSHA
- Understand the duties and responsibilities of a confined space attendant
- Identify the hazards ivolved by mode, signs & symptoms, and the consequences of exposure
- Become trained in the permit process and how to ensure compliance with permits
- Learn communications systems and procedures on the Hovensa site
- Knowledgeable in methods to summon emergency and rescue services
Course ID: 0028A
Duration: 2 hrs
Min. Class Size: 4
Expiration Type: On procedure change