Documentation Training for Supervisors
Part of the First Line of Defense training series for supervisors
This course will take approximately 30-40 minutes to complete.
The decision to “write up” a subordinate should be made carefully, and the execution should be ever more so. Here’s advice for your managers.
- When to document a violation
- What should be in an employee file
- Choosing between a verbal and a written warning
- Maintaining at-will status in documentation
- Early warning signs that an employee will sue
- Creating consistent, objective, and defensible write-ups
- Communicating a path to employee improvement
- Getting employee to acknowledge receipt of documentation
Course ID: TTDOCUMENTATION
Duration: 30 mins
Min. Class Size: 1
Expiration Type: Annual