Firing Training for Supervisors
Part of the First Line of Defense training series for supervisors.
This course will take approximately 30-40 minutes to complete.
Involuntary separation is the #1 catalyst for employment law conflict. Make sure your supervisors have all the pieces in place to ward off a lawsuit.
- Laying the groundwork
- Importance of face-to-face firing
- Always give a valid reason
- Getting input on the decision to fire
- Avoiding the appearance of retaliation
- Preparing for employee rebuttal
- 3rd party witnesses
- Staying on target and avoiding mixed messages
- Dangers of flip-flopping in the face of employee emotional response
- Overcoming fear of being sued for retaliation or discrimination
- Applying the “fundamental fairness” doctrine
Course ID: TTFIRING
Duration: 30 mins
Min. Class Size: 1
Expiration Type: Annual