OSHA 30 Hour General Industry Training Course
OSHA recommends Outreach Training Programs as an orientation to occupational safety and health for workers covered by OSHA 29 CFR 1910. General industry workers must receive additional training, when required by OSHA standards, on specific hazards of the job. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive an OSHA 30-Hour General Industry Outreach DOL course completion card within 4-8 weeks.
The OSHA 30-hour General Industry Outreach Training course has been reviewed and accepted by OSHA for online distribution.
The OSHA 30-hour General Industry Outreach Training course is a comprehensive safety program designed for anyone involved in general industry. Specifically devised for safety directors, foremen, and field supervisors; the program provides complete information on OSHA compliance issues.
Note: The 30 Hour General Industry Outreach course is NOT equivalent to the OSHA 510 or 511 courses and will not meet the course prerequisites to take the OSHA 500 or 501 courses.
Who is This Course For?
- Job Supervisors
- Industries include but not limited to:
– Health Care
- Module 1A: Introduction to OSHA and the OSH Act
- Module 1B: Basic Safety Orientation
- Module 2: Walking & Working Surfaces
- Module 3: Emergency Action Plan
- Module 4: Hazardous Materials
- Module 5: Hazwoper
- Module 6: Personal Protective Equipment
- Module 7: Confined Spaces & Permit Required Confined Spaces
- Module 8: Lockout/Tagout
- Module 9: Materials Handling & Storage
- Module 10: Machine Guarding Safety
- Module 11: Welding, Cutting, and Brazing
- Module 12: Electrical Safety
- Module 13: Hazard Communication
- Module 14: Hazardous Substances & Industrial Hygiene
- Module 15: Bloodborne Pathogens
- Module 16: Record Keeping & Reporting
- Module 17: Workplace Violence
- Module 18: Safety and Health Programs
- Module 19: Ergonomics
- Module 20: Hazards of Asbestos in the Workplace
- Module 21: Lead Safety in the Workplace
- Module 22: Ionizing and Non-Ionizing Radiation Safety
- Module 23: Formaldehyde Awareness
- Module 24: Process Safety Management of Highly Hazard Materials
- Final Exam
Course Credit: 30 hours
At the end of each module, you will be given a 10 question module quiz. You must score at least 70% on each module quiz to move forward in the course. You will be given up to three opportunities to pass each module quiz. Failure to successfully pass the quiz will result in being locked out of the course and not allowed to continue with an online training format for your Outreach training.
Once you have successfully completed all of the modules, you must pass a final exam to receive full credit for the course. The exam is 20 questions long and will test your knowledge on information covered throughout the course. You must make a score of at least 70% to pass this course.
Course ID: OSHA30
Duration: 30 hrs
Min. Class Size: 1
Expiration Type: None