Qualified Signalperson – QSIG
When is a signal person required? A signal person is required when:
- The point of operation is not in full view of the operator (1926.1419(a).
- The operator’s view is obstructed in the direction the equipment is traveling.
- Either the operator or the person handling the load determines that a signal person is needed because of site specific safety concerns.
What you’ll learn:
- Know and understand the types of signals used at the worksite
- Competent use of signals
- Understand the operations and limitations of the equipment, including the crane dynamics involved in swinging, raising, lowering and stopping loads and in boom deflection from hoisting loads.
- Know and understand the relevant signal person qualification requirements specified in subpart CC (1926.1419 – 1912.1422: 1926.1428).
Course ID: QSIG
Duration: 8 hrs
Min. Class Size: 4
Expiration Type: Annual