0020 – Respiratory Training – Air Purifying Respirators
This course is designed for those employees who may be tasked to perform duties that require the usage of Air Purifying Respirators.
Schedule: Upon Request. Location: Pinnacle Building.
OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 and Hovensa procedure #20 contain the procedures and requirements necessary to perform work using the air purifying respirator. This training course focuses on the Hovensa procedure #20 regarding the use of respiratory equipment. This training course has been approved for instruction for all contractor and Hovensa personnel.
Each user will be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of why the Air Purifying Respirator is necessary,
- How improper fit, usage, or maintenance can compromise the protective effect of the respirator
- Its limitations and capabilities
- Use in emergency situations including respirator malfunctions
- Inspection, put on and remove, use, maintenance and storage
- Recognition of medical signs and symptoms that may limit or prevent the effective use of respirators and identification
- Selection of NIOSH approved cartridges.
Course ID: 0020
Duration: 1.5 hrs
Min. Class Size: 5
Expiration Type: Annual