0020A – Respiratory Training – Supplied Air or SCBA
This course is designed for those employees who may be tasked to perform duties that require the use of Supplied Air Respirators/Self contained breathing apparatus.
OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 and Hovensa PROCEDURE #20 contain the procedures and requirements necessary to perform work using the supplied air respirator/self contained breathing apparatus.
This training course focuses on the Hovensa procedure #20 regarding the use of respiratory equipment. This training course has been approved for instruction for all contractor and Hovensa personnel.
Schedule: Upon Request. Limit 8 per Class. Location: Pinnacle Building, Room SC2.
Each user will learn:
- To demonstrate knowledge of why the supplied air respirator/self contained breathing apparatus is necessary,
- How improper fit, usage or maintenance can compromise the protective effect of the respirator,
- Its limitations and capabilities,
- Use in emergency situations including respirator malfunctions, inspection,
- Put on and remove, use, maintenance and storage,
- Recognition of medical signs and symptoms that may limit or prevent the effective use of respirators.
Course ID: 0020A
Duration: 2.5 hrs
Min. Class Size: 5
Expiration Type: Annual