RIGSAFEREF – Rigging Safety Refesher
A REFRESHER training program to construction, industrial and maintenance craftsmen who use rigging equipment to perform their jobs. Participants will learn how to safely use and inspect equipment, all in accordance with OSHA and ASME requirements. Certification ensures that the rigger is a competent and qualified person.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to properly use and inspect wire rope, chain and synthetic web slings, rigging hardware, and lifting devices.
- How to interpret rated capacity charts for wire rope, slings and rigging hardware.
- The three methods to calculate sling loading.
- Safe rigging practices and procedures.
- Hand signals and responsibilities of signal persons.
- How to perform a pre-use, frequent and periodic inspection of rigging equipment.
- How to properly use hoist, chain falls and come-alongs.
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- OSHA and ANSI handouts
- Certification of Training
We gladly offer this class with less than the minimum number of students. The total course cost will be pro-rated for the actual number of students attending the course.
I. Introduction 15 min.
II. Rigging with Hydraulic Crane (Video) 26 min.
→ Video Review 45 min.
III. Hand Signal Communication (Video) 20 min.
→ Video Review 30 min.
Break 15 min.
IV. Handling of Structural Steel (Video) 26 min.
→ Video Review 90 min.
Lunch 30 min.
V. Rigging and Lifting Tips (Video) 26 min.
→ Video Review. 15 min.
→ Refresher: ASME 13.30.9, 13.30.10, 13.30.16 and 13.30.21, OSHA 1910.184, OSHA 1926.251 90 min.
Course ID: RIGSAFEREF
Duration: 8 hrs
Min. Class Size: 6
Expiration Type: Annual