Wage and Hour Training for Supervisors
Part of the First Line of Defense training series for supervisors.
This course will take approximately 30-40 minutes to complete.
A vital topic, considering the potential for a devastating class-action overtime, off-the-clock, or other pay practice lawsuit.
- What does exempt mean and why are certain employees exempt?
- Exemptions for white collar, administrative, professionals and sales positions
- Burden of proof
- Job duties and exemption status
- Responding to employee request to change status
- Practical effect of supervising exempt and non exempt
- Docking salary
- Record keeping obligations
- Enforcing attendance policy for exempt employee
- Break requirements
- Special state-level laws
- Class action lawsuits
- Enforcement agencies
- Willful violation of the law
- When exempt employee’s job duties change to include non-exempt activities
- Working without overtime permission
- When you have to pay employee for non-work activities
- Wage & hour violations are expensive
- Supervisor can cost employer an employee’s exempt status
- Working off the clock
Course ID: TTWAGE
Duration: 30 min
Min. Class Size: 1
Expiration Type: Annual
Training For: Supervisors